Twice As Nice Mother & Child is a member of the National Diaper Bank Network (NDBN). In addition to gently used items, we also provide disposable diapers and wipes to families free of charge. We partner with social service agencies and non-profit organizations in Illinois who work with families in need. Through purchases, donations and community diaper drives, we collect diapers to distribute to families that need them.
Many parents do not spend much time thinking about diapers; however, if you are a parent without enough of them, they can become a significant source of stress.
Imagine if you had to…
• Choose between buying diapers and putting food on the table
• Leave your baby in the same diaper for the entire day—or longer
• Try to clean a soiled disposable diaper so that it could be used again
• Listen to your baby cry for an extended period of time because you can’t change his/her diaper
• Deal with your baby’s severe diaper rash, urinary tract infections or skin infections
• Miss work or school because you cannot afford the full day’s supply of diapers that your daycare requires
• 1 out of 3 families struggle to buy diapers.
• Safety net programs like food stamps and WIC do not cover diapers.
• A healthy change of diapers can cost up to $100.00 per month, per baby.
• Infants need up to 12 diapers per day. Toddlers need up to 8 diapers per day.
• Parents that are experiencing financial hardship must often choose between buying diapers, paying bills or buying groceries.
• Daycare facilities often require that parents provide disposable diapers to meet the needs of their children.
• Cloth diapers require access to laundry facilities and most laundromats do not allow customers to use machines to wash diapers.
Why Diapers Matter
Clean diapers are a basic need for all babies, but 1 in 3 U.S. moms does not have enough diapers to keep her baby clean, dry and healthy. Access to clean diapers improves the well-being of all babies and their families. Without diapers, babies cannot participate in early childhood education. Without childcare, parents cannot go to work. When diaper banks provide one of a baby’s basic needs, we help moms succeed.
Are you looking for a way to help children stay clean and dry? Organize a diaper drive in your community!
Individuals and groups can organize a fun and simple diaper drive that has the potential to help hundreds of babies.
• Schools (community service projects, service hours)
• Social organizations and clubs (book clubs, mom groups, etc.)
• Scout troops
• Youth groups
• Sports teams
• Businesses and business organizations
• You, your family and friends (ask your family and friends to bring a package of diapers in lieu of a gift for your next special occasion, celebration or event)
If you are interested in organizing and/or hosting a diaper drive, email us at email@example.com. We can provide you with an information kit, assist you with the marketing for your drive and pick-up all of the diapers that you collect once your drive is over.
Check the Events page on our website for information about upcoming diaper drives.
If you are interested in donating disposable diapers or wipes to our diaper bank, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for drop-off information and locations. All donations are tax deductible.
Twice As Nice Mother & Child / Phone: 224.637.1644 Fax: 224.656.6570 / email@example.com